Consultant in diabetes and endocrinology
Janaka Karalliedde is a clinical senior lecturer in the School of Cardiovascular Medicine and Sciences, King's College London, and a consultant in diabetes, endocrinology and internal medicine, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
He is an active clinician with specialist clinics for patients with renal and cardiovascular complications of diabetes at Guy’s Hospital and in the community in Lambeth, south London.
Education and training
- Graduated with a distinction in medicine from the University of London
- Diabetes related cardiovascular and renal complications: focussing on new treatments for renal and cardiovascular disease and identifying early markers of complications
- Undergraduate prizes in physiology, endocrinology and neurosciences
- Final Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) distinction in medicine
- Medical Research Council (MRC) clinical research training fellowship
- Research grants from the Medical Research Council UK, Diabetes UK, European Foundation for the Study of Diabetes, International Diabetes Federation, Industry and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
Phone: 020 7188 1981
- Diabetes related complications
- Renal complications
- Cardiovascular complications
Last updated: January 2023