Consultant medical oncologist
Janine Mansi has been a consultant medical oncology consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2006. She was the clinical director of the cancer and haematology directorate from 2006 to 2009.
Before joining us she was a consultant at consultant position was in medical oncology at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. She was service lead and then clinical director and cancer lead for the trust.
She has been the chair of the clinical breast research committee for Guy's and St Thomas' since 2009, and is the national clinical lead for the Cancer Research UK regimen-specific consent form project.
She is regional speciality advisor for south Thames medical oncology, an executive committee member of the Association of Cancer Physicians (ACP) and a member of the UK Chemotherapy Board.
Education and training
- Specialist training in medical oncology, the Royal Marsden Hospital
- MD, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials with new agents
- Fertility in young women with breast cancer
- Macmillan award, 2018
- Co-winner, British Medical Journal, 2017
- Oncology book of the year for 'Problem Solving in Older Cancer Patients', British Medical Association, 2016
Last updated: January 2023