Jason Scott has been a consultant anaesthetist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2006.
He manages critically ill patients on the obstetric high dependency unit.
He also provides and supervises anaesthesia:
- on the maternity unit
- for open vascular procedures
- for endovascular stenting procedures
- for gynaecological surgery
He is the anaesthetic representative at the weekly maternal risk management meetings at which critical incidents and near misses are reviewed and action plans undertaken if appropriate. He is the lead anaesthetist for obesity at Guy's and St Thomas'.
He is an educational supervisor for fellows in obstetric anaesthesia and is involved in the training of medical students. He is a clinical advisor for a group of undergraduates.
He also teaches on national courses for the primary Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and the resuscitation council.
Education and training
- Fellowship in obstetrical anaesthesiology, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, New York, 2004
- Certificate of completion of training, 2006
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA, 2002
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, Final Royal College of Anaesthetists, 2000
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, Primary Royal College of Anaesthetists, 1997
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1994
modulation of pain pathways in the spinal cord, and the effects of receptor genetics on anaesthesia and pregnancy.
Jason has published a number of peer reviewed papers and book chapters on obstetric anaesthesia.
Secretary phone: 020 7188 0652
- Obstetric anaesthesia
- Vascular anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia in people who are obese
Last updated: October 2022