We're part of the South East London Maternal Medicine Network (MMN), and provide advice and care for pregnant individuals who have significant medical concerns and are at a higher risk. Whether you're planning to get pregnant, already expecting, or have recently given birth, we're here to help.
We not only to support you if you have a medical issue during pregnancy, but also to provide advice if any new medical problems arise while you're expecting. If you have a pre-existing medical condition when you book your maternity care at our hospital, we will refer you to one of our obstetric medicine clinics.
We hold clinics for conditions including:
- thyroid disease
- kidney problems
- connective tissue disease
- raised blood pressure
- heart disease
Our pre-pregnancy counselling service provides advice if:
- you're on long-term medicines
- you have pre-existing health conditions
- you have previously had pregnancy complications
We work with:
- obstetric doctors
- maternal medicine obstetricians
- maternal medicine midwifery teams
The MMN includes:
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS foundation Trust
- Lewisham and Greenwich Trust
- King's College NHS Foundation Trust
We work together to ensure that clinicians across the network have the necessary education to provide appropriate care.
The MMN works with other networks to improve equity of care, including:
- clinical networks for maternity services
- perinatal mental health networks
- the neonatal operational delivery networks
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.