Consultant transplant urological surgeon
Jonathon Olsburgh has been a consultant urologist and transplant surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2006.
He has performed over 200 laparoscopic 'keyhole' assisted donor nephrectomy operations and over 200 kidney transplants. He has an international referral practice in urinary tract reconstruction before and after kidney transplant.
Jonathon also jointly runs the young onset urology (YOU) clinic for adolescents and young adults transitioning from children's services.
He also has a particular interest in treating patients with urinary tract infections (UTI).
He is Chair of the Guy's and St Thomas' audit and quality improvement committee.
He is a member of the UK Specialist Advisory Committee (SAC) in urology and was previous director of transplant training in London.
He is the vice-chairman of the European Association of Urology (EAU) guidelines on kidney transplants.
Education and training
- Postgraduate training, Leeds and London
- PhD in urothelium, University of Leeds, 2005
- University of Leeds, 1993
- Urinary tract infection in kidney transplants
- Urological aspects of transplant surgery
- Basic science research of the urothelium
Jonathan has written over 60 papers and many book chapters.
Phone: 020 7188 1543
- Kidney transplant surgery
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- General urology
- Urinary tract infections
- Urology in kidney failure patients
Last updated: January 2023