Consultant geriatric and general internal medicine
Jugdeep Dhesi was appointed consultant physician in the department of health and ageing at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in 2005.
She is the clinical lead for the innovative POPS service, which began in 2003. The service has rapidly become established both locally and nationally as a clinically effective, high quality, award-winning service.
Education and training
- PhD 2004 - University of London
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) 1994 - University of Leicester
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) 1992 - University of Leicester
- Optimisation of patients for surgery, in particular use of risk assessment tools, management of anaemia and reduction of post operative complications Doctorate on vitamin D and neuromuscular function, King's College Hospital, London
- Current research focuses on optimisation of patients for surgery, use of risk assessment tools, management of anaemia and reduction of post operative complications
- 2017 Royal College of Anaesthetists 25th Anniversary Commendation
- 2014 HSJ Top 50 Innovators in Healthcare
- 2014 Patient Safety and Care Award – Long Term Conditions Management; Runner Up (Amputee Rehabilitation Unit)
- 2008 BUPA Care Award – Highly Commended for the POPS Service
- 2006 Public Servants of the Year – Runner Up – POPS Service
Last updated: February 2023