Consultant geriatric and general internal medicine
- Clinical Lead for POPS
- Honorary Reader, KCL
- Chair, POPS Specialist Interest Group, British Geriatrics Society
- Vice President, Clinical Quality, British Geriatrics Society
- President Elect, Age Anaesthesia Association
Dr Jugdeep Dhesi trained in general internal medicine and geriatrics in Leicester and London. She was appointed consultant physician in the department of health and ageing at Guy's and St Thomas' in 2005.
She is the clinical lead for the innovative POPS service, which began in 2003. The service has rapidly become established both locally and nationally as a clinically effective, high quality, award-winning service.
Education and training
- BSc 1992 - University of Leicester
- MBChB 1994 - University of Leicester
- PhD 2004 - University of London
- Optimisation of patients for surgery, in particular use of risk assessment tools, management of anaemia and reduction of post operative complications Doctorate on vitamin D and neuromuscular function, King's College Hospital, London.
- Current research focuses on optimisation of patients for surgery, use of risk assessment tools, management of anaemia and reduction of post operative complications.
- 2017Royal College of Anaesthetists 25th Anniversary Commendation
- 2014 HSJ Top 50 Innovators in Healthcare
- 2014 Patient Safety and Care Award – Long Term Conditions Management; Runner Up (Amputee Rehabilitation Unit)
- 2008 BUPA Care Award – Highly Commended for the POPS Service
- 2006 Public Servants of the Year – Runner Up – POPS Service
Tel: 020 7188 2092
Email: [email protected]
- Peri-operative care for older people
- Bone health
- Health services research
Last updated: April 2022