Perioperative medicine for older people having surgery (POPS)
We support older people with complex medical problems who need an operation.
We make sure you're:
- having the most appropriate treatments
- able to make an informed decision about surgery
- as fit as possible before surgery
- prepared for your hospital stay
- aware of the process for discharge from the hospital
We work closely with the surgeon, anaesthetists and ward teams who are looking after you.
Consultants in our service are:
- Dr Jugdeep Dhesi
- Dr Judith Partridge
- Dr Fionna Martin
- Dr Magda Sbai
- Dr Samantha de Silva
- Dr Jomana Fikree
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.