Consultant haematologist with a specialist interest in thrombosis
Karen Breen is a consultant haematologist with a specialist interest in thrombosis and is based in the haemostasis and thrombosis centre and in the department of haematology.
She trained in haematology in Ireland and moved to the UK to conduct research in antiphospholipid syndrome leading to an MD.
Her main area of clinical interest is in thrombosis and in particular, in the field of antiphospholipid syndrome. She is currently involved in several clinical trials and in translational research in antiphospholipid syndrome.
Education and training
- Trinity College, Dublin medical training scheme
- Royal College of Physicians (Ireland) higher medical training scheme in haematology
- antiphospholipid syndrome
- Prize for best speaker at MacDonald Obstetric Society meeting, May 2011
- Haematology Association of Ireland scholarship
Tel: 020 7188 2736
Fax: 020 7188 2717
Email: [email protected]
Secretaries: Nicole Martin
Area of expertise: thrombosis
- Management of thrombotic disorders
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Obstetric management of thrombotic disorders
Last updated: July 2021