Consultant haematologist with a specialist interest in thrombosis
Karen Breen is a consultant haematologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. She is based in the haemostasis and thrombosis centre and in the department of haematology.
She has a specialist interest in thrombosis.
Education and training
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in antiphospholipid syndrome
- Trinity College, Dublin medical training scheme
- Royal College of Physicians (Ireland) higher medical training scheme in haematology
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
Karen is involved in several clinical trials and in translational research in antiphospholipid syndrome.
- Prize for best speaker, MacDonald Obstetric Society meeting, May 2011
- Haematology Association of Ireland scholarship
Last updated: March 2023