Colorectal surgeon and clinical lead for gastrointestintal surgery
Katie Adams is a consultant colorectal surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust where she is also the lead for gastrointestintal surgery.
She regularly presents at national and international academic meetings on colorectal surgery, including robotic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) surgery.
Nationally she was recently the Chair of the Early Years Consultant Network and now sits on the The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland committees for IBD and External Affairs.
Education and training
- Medical school at Guy’s and St Thomas’
- Surgical training was conducted in London and Sydney, Australia
- PhD focused on artificial intelligence in relation to colorectal surgery
- Improved patient outcomes in inflammatory bowel disease
- Improved patient outcomes in other benign bowel conditions
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) gold medal
Last updated: February 2023