Consultant in critical care medicine
Kyra Dingli trained in respiratory and intensive care medicine and completed a Clinical Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at the Vancouver General Hospital in Canada.
She was awarded a PhD following research of respiratory and hemodynamic physiology during sleep, which included in depth knowledge of EEG analysis.
Her main clinical and research interests are severe respiratory failure, weaning and delirium. She also has a strong interest in simulation teaching.
Kyra is the overseas trainees lead for critical care and is keen to maintain a good record of international alumni to enable future clinical and research collaborations.
Education and training
- 1995:state exam (MBChB equivalent) Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
- 2006: Member of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- 2011: PhD
- 2012: CCT Intensive Care, Respiratory and General Internal Medicine
- 2013: European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC)
- 2013: International Fellowship Intensive Care, Vancouver General Hospital
- 2014: Fellowship of Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine.
Respiratory and sleep physiology.
Tel: 020 7188 7188 (main hospital switchboard)
Area of expertise: critical care medicine
- Severe respiratory failure in the critically ill
Last updated: June 2021