Consultant obstetrician and NIHR research professor in obstetrics
Lucy Chappell is a consultant obstetrician specialising in women with medical problems in pregnancy.
She is a clinical academic at King’s College London, researching pregnancy hypertension (including pre-eclampsia and chronic hypertension) and cholestasis of pregnancy. She undertakes clinical research, including observational studies and randomised controlled trials.
Education and training
- St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School
- University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine
- King’s College London (PhD).
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Cholestasis of pregnancy
- Clinical trials in pregnancy
- NIHR Research Professorship (2015)
- HEFCE-NHS Clinical Senior Lectureship Award (2007)
- Distinctions in Postgraduate Diploma/ Certificate in Academic Practice (2006/ 2003)
- Glaxo Wellcome Fellowship, Royal Society of Medicine (2001)
- Young Investigator’s Award, ISSHP (2000)
- Gold Medal, Blair Bell Research Society, RCOG Biennial Competition Meeting (1999).
Last updated: February 2023