Consultant physician and geriatrician
Dr Magda Sbai trained in general internal medicine and geriatrics in London. She was appointed consultant physician and geriatrician in the department of health and ageing at Guy's and St Thomas' in 2019.
She is a consultant in the innovative perioperative medicine for older people undergoing surgery (POPS) service, which began in 2003. The service has rapidly become established both locally and nationally as a clinically effective, high quality, award-winning service.
Education and training
- Intercalated BSc in physiology and pharmacology 2007, University College London
- MBBS 2010, University College London
- Optimisation of patients for surgery
- Use of risk assessment tools
- Reduction of post-operative complications
Tel: 020 7188 2092
Hospital location: Guy's Hospital
- Proactive care of older people undergoing surgery
Last updated: June 2021