Consultant plastic surgeon
Marlene See has been a consultant in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2016.
She performs breast reconstruction for people who have had mastectomies for breast cancer. She focuses on:
- microvascular breast reconstruction
- correction of congenital breast deformities
- aesthetic breast surgery
She also works in the hereditary breast and ovarian cancer clinic at Guy's and St Thomas', where she helps people who are interested in having risk-reducing mastectomies.
She has been the conference scientific Chair of the London Breast Meeting since it started in 2014.
She also regularly lectures on breast surgery techniques for the European Masters in breast surgery and has been invited to present at international conferences.
Education and training
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellowship in microsurgery at Guy’s and St Thomas', 2015
- MSc in 3D imaging and its application in facial analysis, University of London
- Plastic surgery training in London and East Grinstead
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), King's College London GKT School of Medical Education
She has published articles about:
- breast reconstruction
- facial analysis
- lower limb reconstruction
Secretary: Jessica Ezuma
Secretary phone: 020 7188 5135
Secretary email: [email protected]
- Breast implant reconstruction
- Autologous and microsurgical reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction to reduce the risk of breast cancer
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Congenital breast asymmetry
- Aesthetic breast surgery
- Lymphoedema surgery
Last updated: October 2022