Consultant in special care dentistry
Mary Burkes deal with the management of complex special care patients in a hospital setting, including treatment with sedation.
She was the clinical lead in dental oncology until 2019.
She teaches and trains undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Education and training
- Consultant in Special Care Dentistry since 2008
- Hon Clinical Senior Lecturer (Teaching), Dental Institute, King’s College London
- Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS) for Royal College of Surgeons (RCSEng) - 1981
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS (Hons)) - 1977
- Effects of radiotherapy
- Bisphosphonates and dental care
Phone: 020 7188 6074
- Special care dentistry
- Conscious sedation for dentistry
- Head and neck cancer
- Oral care of people with cancer
Last updated: February 2023