Service lead for consultant and postgraduate restorative services
Michael Escudier completed undergraduate dental and medical training at Guy’s Dental Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital before returning to King’s College London where he completed oral medicine specialist training (2002) and was appointed Honorary Consultant to GSTT (2003).
He completed a doctorate on the use of lithotripsy in the management of salivary calculi (2010) and was appointed Professor of Oral Medicine & Education (2016). He served as Dean of the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons, England (2017-2020) and as the Chair of the Joint Committee for Postgraduate Training in Dentistry (2017-2020).
Education and training
- BDS (1985) University of London
- MBBS (1992) University of London.
- FDS RCS (1996) Royal College of Surgeons of England
- FDS (OM) RCS (2002) Royal College of Surgeons of England
- FFGDP (2008) Faculty of General Dental Practice
- MD (2009) University of London. FDS RCS (Oral Medicine)
- RCSPG (2014)
- FFD RSCI (2015)
- Oral Medicine (2002)
- Oral Surgery (2007)
- Salivary gland disease
- Oral mucosal disease
- Oro-facial granulomatosis
- Oro-facial pain
- Assessment in education
Last updated: April 2022