Consultant plastic surgeon
Nadine Hachach-Haram is a consultant plastic surgeon and the clinical lead for innovation at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
She drew on her passion for innovation, education and global surgery to found Proximie, an augmented reality telehealth platform that allows doctors to virtually transport themselves into any operating rooms, anywhere in the world, to visually and practically collaborate. Her work, dubbed by CNN as 'the future of surgery', has received international acclaim with invitations to speak at TED, MITREAP and selection as the Foreign Press Association Science Story of the Year.
Nadine has been selected as an NHS Clinical Entrepreneur, endeavor entrepreneur, is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons' Commission on the Future of Surgery, consisting of some of the country's leading doctors, engineers, data experts, managers, and patient representatives, with the objective to investigate the advances that will transform surgery over the next 20 years, and is faculty at Singularity and Exponential Medicine.
She is also actively involved in plastic surgery training and sits on The Royal Society of Medicine Plastic Surgery Council, British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) Innovation Committee, SAC Simulation group, and is a Founding Member of the MI-4 Microsurgery Simulation Programme.
Education and training
- Plastic surgery training on the Pan Thames Rotation with fellowships including the Guy's and St Thomas' Microsurgery and the Wellington Aesthetics Fellowships
- Accelerated graduate entry program at Barts Health NHS Trust, 2009
- Graduated from University College London with distinction
- British Empire Medal in the Queen's Birthday Honours in recognition of her services to healthcare and innovation
- Harvey Minasian Prize for academic excellence
- Jack Drummond and Jackson Lewis prizes, for distinction in the department of biochemistry and molecular biology
- breast reconstruction
- Pelvic reconstruction
Last updated: February 2023