Consultant cardiologist and honorary senior lecturer
Rachel Bastiaenen joined Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust as a consultant cardiologist and honorary senior lecturer in 2017.
Her PhD research project involved non-invasive risk stratification of patients with cardiomyopathy. She has presented her work at national and international conferences and has a series of publications in peer reviewed journals. Her PhD was awarded from St George’s University of London in 2014. She has ongoing research interests in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy and Brugada syndrome.
Rachel is a member of the European Society of Cardiology Working Group for Myocardial and Pericardial Disease, the Association for Inherited Cardiac Conditions, the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and the Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.
Education and training
- Master of arts (MA), Peterhouse, Cambridge
- Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery (MBBS), Imperial College School of Medicine
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Doctor of philosophy (PhD), St George’s University of London
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Brugada syndrome
- Unexplained cardiac arrest
- NIHR clinical lecturer
- St George's Hospital Medical School best research supervisor
Last updated: February 2023