Consultant dermatological surgeon and lead for skin cancer
Raj Mallipeddi BSc (Hons), MBBS, MD (Lond), FRCP, FACMS is a consultant dematological surgeon and lead for skin cancer.
He qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine and undertook specialist training in dermatology at St John’s Institute of Dermatology.
Between 2001 and 2003 he was a clinical research fellow at the St John's Institute of Dermatology. The main project investigated the molecular basis of squamous cell carcinoma in epidermolysis bullosa and resulted in the award of a Doctor of Medicine degree in 2005.
After completing his specialist registrar training at St John's Institute of Dermatology, Raj undertook a procedural dermatology fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas in the USA from 2006 - 2007. During this time, he developed expertise Mohs micrographic surgery and lasers. He is one of the few dermatological surgeons in the UK to be certified by the American College of Mohs Surgery and is a leader in the field.
Raj is lead clinician for the dermatological surgery and laser unit. He is also the skin cancer lead for our hospitals.
He lectures nationally and internationally on skin surgery, lasers and cosmetic dermatology. He is also a past president of the British Society for Dermatological Surgery.
- Skin cancer
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic therapy
- British Society for Dermatological Society "Wooden Curette Award" for contributions to the Society (2011)
- Marquis Who's Who In Healthcare (2009 - 2010)
- GlaxoSmithKline Award for fellowship to the Royal Society of Medicine (2002)
- British Society for Paediatric Dermatology Annual Meeting Prize for best presentation (2001)
- St John's Dermatological Society registrar prize (2001)
Tel: 020 7188 6407
Area of expertise: Skin cancer, Mohs micrographic surgery, laser surgery and photodynamic therapy
Mohs micrographic surgery
Last updated: May 2021