Consultant urological surgeon
Ramesh Thurairaja is a consultant urological surgeon in bladder cancer, reconstructive and robotic surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
He was a consultant position at Kent and Canterbury Hospital. While there, he started and led the robotic bladder cancer service for east Kent for 20 months.
Ramesh is a member of the British Association of Urology (BAUS) and the European Association of Urology (EAU).
Education and training
- Urological training in Oxford, London, Bristol and Switzerland
- Fellowship of the European Board of Urology, 2011
- Fellowship (urology) of the Royal College of Surgeons, 2010
- MD, University of London, 2006
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons, 2002
- Bachelor of Medicine (BM), University of Southampton, 1998
- Superficial and muscle-invasive bladder cancer
- Nutrition in urology patients
- Enhanced recovery
- Surgical techniques in urological surgery
- David Telling Trust Grant for urological research, 2003
Last updated: September 2022