Refik Gökmen was a Kidney Research UK Clinical Training Fellow in 2007-2010 with Professor Graham Lord in the Medical Research Council (MRC) Centre for Transplantation, and a Clinical Lecturer at King’s College London in 2011-2014.
He was appointed as a Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in April 2014.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2013
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education, University College London and Royal College of Physicians, 2012
- PhD, Kings College London, 2011
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University College London, 2001
- Masters (MA) (Cantab), 2000
Refik has many publications.
Secretary: Jenny Owen and Irene Miles
Secretary tel: 020 7188 5667
Refik Gökmen's clinical practice encompasses all areas of renal medicine and transplantation, including living kidney donor medical assessment, haemodialysis, and kidney and pancreas transplantation. He also has special interests in medical ethics and education and training.
Last updated: January 2023