Professor of intensive care medicine and consultant
Richard Beale is professor of intensive care medicine at King's College, London, and a consultant in intensive care medicine at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Richard is clinical director for perioperative, critical care and pain services at Guy's and St Thomas'. He is also co-leader of the clinical academic group within King's Health Partners (KHP) that includes critical care, and is acute clinical academic group development lead for KHP with honorary membership of their executive.
He is immediate past chair of the research committee of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM), and was a member of the ESICM executive. He has been an ESICM representative on the steering committee of the surviving sepsis campaign since 2004, and is a frequent invited speaker at national and international meetings.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, 2011
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, 1990
- Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery (MBBS), The Medical College of St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London University, 1984
Professor Beale is an experienced investigator in the fields of:
- critical care nutrition
- intensive care (ICU) informatics.
Secretary: Ms Alison Leverett
Phone: 020 7188 3038
Email: [email protected]
- Severe sepsis
- Cardio-respiratory physiology
- Clinical informatics
- Quality improvement and process control
Last updated: September 2022