Rosalie Ferner was appointed as consultant neurologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 1999 and Professor of Neurology in 2010.
She is a trustee and member of the clinical advisory board for Nerve Tumours UK. She has been national lead for the nationally commissioned NF1 service since 2009 and was lead for the London NF2 service from 2010 to 2015. The aim of these national neurofibromatosis services is to give expert, multi-disciplinary, holistic care for people with complex, multi-system disease. There are close links with the European Reference Network and the international neurofibromatosis consortium.
Education and training
- Studied medicine at the Medical School of Newcastle on Tyne
- Training in general medicine in Newcastle
Her research interests include:
- defining clinical phenotype in the neurofibromatoses
- diagnosis of peripheral nerve sheath tumours in NF1 using positron emission tomography computerised tomography
- the natural history of optic pathway glioma
- the development of robust clinical outcome measures for monitoring novel therapies
Secretary: Sarah Cobb
Phone: 020 7188 3970
Email: [email protected]
- Neurofibromatosis (NF) 1 and 2
- Von Hippel Lindau disease
Last updated: January 2023