Sabina De Martino
Sabina De Martino is a consultant gastroenterologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. She works with the genetic team to treat people with hereditary syndromes thta make them more likely to get colorectal cancer.
From 1999 to 2009 she was as a consultant gastroenterologist in Naples, Italy.
In 2009 she moved to London for a clinical fellowship in advanced endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound at Guy's and St Thomas'.
From 2014 to 2020 she was the endoscopy clinical lead and coordinated the Joint Advisory Group (JAG) accreditation of the unit.
She is responsible for endoscopic training at Guy's and St Thomas'.
Education and training
- Specialist training in gastroenterology, The University of Naples Federico II, Italy, 1998
- Medicine, The University of Naples Federico II, Italy, 1994
- Quality and safety improvement in gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Audiovisual award, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2014
- Colorectal interventional endoscopy, including endoscopic removal of large colorectal polyps, endoscopic mucosal resection and endoscopic submucosal dissection
- Diagnostic and interventional endoscopic ultrasound
- Lynch syndrome
- Polyposis syndrome
- Training and teaching endoscopic ultrasonography and interventional colorectal endoscopy
Last updated: February 2023