Consultant clinical oncologist
Simon has an active role in research and development. He led the research and development team for clinical oncology and radiotherapy at Guy's and St Thomas' for 5 years. He has now stepped down to focus on his own research.
He is the UK lead for the ENZARAD and DASL-HiCaP studies, and is the local investigator for several other studies.
Simon is joint lead for cancer education and training at King's Comprehensive Cancer Centre (King's Health Partners), and leads Guy's Cancer Academy.
He is a member of the American Society fo Clinical Oncology's (ASCO) digital education board, and a past chair of ASCO's International Education Steering Committee.
He has held leadership roles in the undergraduate and postgraduate medical education fields.
Simon is a trustee (and former treasurer) of the British Uro-oncology Group, and a past president of the oncology section of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Education and training
- Anatomy and basic medical sciences BSc (Hons), First Class Honours, University of London, 1994
- Medicine (MBBS), University of London, 1997
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, 2005
- Doctor of medicine by research (MD(Res)), University of London, 2010
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 2013
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, 2017
- Fellowship of the Academy of Medical Educators, 2020
- Combining novel agents with radiotherapy
- Radiotherapy techniques to account for tumour motion
- Radiotherapy dose escalation and de-escalation
- Incorporating functional imaging into radiotherapy planning
- Application of learning science principles to clinical education
Last updated: July 2021