Consultant clinical oncologist
Simon Hughes is joint lead for cancer education and training at King's Comprehensive Cancer Centre (King's Health Partners), and leads Guy's Cancer Academy.
He is a member of the American Society fo Clinical Oncology's (ASCO) digital education board, and a past chair of ASCO's International Education Steering Committee.
He has held leadership roles in the undergraduate and postgraduate medical education fields.
Simon is a trustee (and former treasurer) of the British Uro-oncology Group, and a past president of the oncology section of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Academy of Medical Educators, 2020
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, 2017
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 2013
- Doctor of medicine by research (MD(Res)), University of London, 2010
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, 2005
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of London, 1997
- Anatomy and basic medical sciences BSc (Hons), First Class Honours, University of London, 1994
- Combining novel agents with radiotherapy
- Radiotherapy techniques to account for tumour motion
- Radiotherapy dose escalation and de-escalation
- Incorporating functional imaging into radiotherapy planning
- Application of learning science principles to clinical education
Email: [email protected]
- Systemic therapy
- Medical education
Last updated: January 2023