Consultant clinical oncologist
Sindu Vivekanandan is a consultant in clinical oncology (cancer) at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. She specialises in prostate and lung cancer.
Sindu is the prostate cancer lead for south east London and the Kent and Medway radiotherapy operational delivery network. She is also a clinical tutor and educational supervisor for medical students at King's College London. She is the Royal College of Radiologists college tutor for clinical oncology.
She has a special interest in UK-wide radiation quality improvement projects. She is a member of the Royal College of Radiologists Clinical Oncology Quality Improvement and Audit Committee (COQIAC).
Education and training
- PhD, University of Oxford, 2018
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, London, 2014
- MSc in oncology first class with distinction, Institute of Cancer Research, University of London, 2013
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 2008
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), King's College London, 2004
- BSc Honours in physiology with basic medical sciences, King's College London, 2001
Normal tissue radiation toxicity modelling
Her work has been presented at international conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals.
- National Cancer Research Institute prize award, 2017
- Cancer Research UK doctoral research fellowship, 2014
- Distinction in MSc in oncology, 2013
- Care of patients with prostate and lung cancer
- Technical radiotherapy
- Targeted therapy
- Clinical trials
- Audit and quality improvement
Last updated: November 2023