Consultant cardiologist and head of ultrasonic angiology
Soundrie Padayachee has led the clinical vascular ultrasound service at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust for over 25 years. In this time, she has engaged with the South East Thames Vascular Network and Vanguard projects, improving vascular services across south east London.
Soundrie leads the training centre for children's sickle cell transcranial doppler screening. Since becoming a senior lecturer in imaging sciences she has supervised many PhD students in vascular ultrasound and MR flow imaging, and mentored students on the intercalated BSc in imaging sciences at King's College London.
Education and training
- PhD in biophysics, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Registered consultant clinical scientist, Health Professions Council
- Member of the British Medical Ultrasound Society, British Institute of Radiology
- Chartered scientist, Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- Non-invasive assessment of vascular disease
Secretary: Michelle Edwards
Secretary phone: 020 7188 6778
- Ultrasound evaluation of vascular disease and surgical interventions
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Transcranial doppler screening in sickle cell disease
- Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysms
Last updated: December 2022