Consultant pharmacist in palliative and end of life care
Steven Wanklyn is a qualified pharmacist. He helps people with cancer or other life-limiting conditions to get the most from their medicines and experience treatment to the very best level.
He is interested in developing specialist pharmacy services for the hospice sector which focus on making the best use of medicines.
He is also:
- joint chair of the London Opioid Safety and Improvement Group
- a member of PallE8 London cancer north and east
Education and training
- Fellow of the Faculty of The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, London, 2015
- Certificate in independent prescribing, Kings College London, 2010
- MSc in clinical pharmacy, Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1994
- Diploma in clinical pharmacy part 1, The School of Pharmacy, London, 1989
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, London, 1988
- Qualified as a pharmaceutical chemist, The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, London, 1988
Developing guidance for opioid safety
Last updated: September 2022