Consultant ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon
Susana Morley has led the oculoplastic service at Guy's and St Thomas' for over ten years, providing oculoplastic, lacrimal and orbital services to patients across London and the South East. These include the management of periocular skin cancers, eyelid malposition surgery, facial palsy management, treatment of watery eyes, eyelid spasms, orbital tumours and socket reconstructions. She is also an integral member of the National Xeroderma Pigmentosum Service.
Susana is the training programme director for South London Ophthalmology and maintains a significant academic profile with over 40 peer-reviewed publications and two textbook chapters. She runs the annual Trends in Ophthalmology meeting and is a regular national and international speaker.
Education and training
- BA Medical Sciences, first class hons, University of Cambridge (1993)
- BM BCh, University of Oxford (1996)
- MRCOphth: Part I (1997), Part 2 (1999) and Part 3 (1999)
- MD Thesis, University of London (A study of the potential for IR radiation to cause photochemical damage to the lens) (2005)
- FRCOphth (2006)
- CCST - Ophthalmology (2007)
Susie completed her core ophthalmology training at St Thomas' and Moorfields Eye Hospital. She then completed her subspecialty fellowships in oculoplastic surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.
- Peri-ocular tumour management
- Orbital inflammatory disease
- Ophthalmic abnormalities in xeroderma pigmentosum
Senior Whitby scholar
American Academy of Ophthalmologists presentation winner
All eyelid, lacrimal, orbital and socket surgery but particularly:
eyelid reconstruction and peri-ocular tumour management
complex peri-ocular cicatrising conditions eg epidermolysis bullosa
complex ocular surface disorders eg xeroderma pigmentosusm.
Last updated: April 2022