Consultant ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon
Susana Morley has led the oculoplastic service at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust for over ten years, providing oculoplastic, lacrimal and orbital services to patients across London and the South East. These include the management of periocular skin cancers, eyelid malposition surgery, facial palsy management, treatment of watery eyes, eyelid spasms, orbital tumours and socket reconstructions. She is also an integral member of the National Xeroderma Pigmentosum Service.
Susana is the training programme director for South London Ophthalmology. She runs the annual Trends in Ophthalmology meeting and is a regular national and international speaker.
Education and training
- CCST in Ophthalmology, 2007
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmogy (FRCOphth), 2006
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Thesis, University of London, 2005
- Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmogy (MRCOphth), 1997 - 1999
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (BM BCh), University of Oxford, 1996
- BA Medical Sciences, first class hons, University of Cambridge, 1993
- Peri-ocular tumour management
- Orbital inflammatory disease
- Ophthalmic abnormalities in xeroderma pigmentosum
- Pilley Scholar
- Senior Whitby scholar
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists presentation winner
Email: [email protected]
Eyelid reconstruction and peri-ocular tumour management
Complex peri-ocular cicatrising conditions eg epidermolysis bullosa
Complex ocular surface disorders eg xeroderma pigmentosusm.
Last updated: March 2023