Consultant in geriatric and general internal medicine
Thomas Ernst has been a consultant physician at St Thomas' since May 2006.
He looks after older inpatients in the Older Person’s Unit. He runs specialist clinics for falls and syncope assessment, with a specialist interest in mindfulness-based therapies. He also runs a tilt table service.
Education and training
- Undergraduate medical degree: Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
- Specialist training: Edinburgh, south west England, Australia, London
- Mindfulness-based therapies
- Neurogenic syncope (carotid sinus syndrome, recurrent simple faints, orthostatic hypotension)
- Chronic fatigue
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Syncope assessment
- Neurogenic syncope (simple faints, dizzy spells, POTS, carotid sinus syndrome)
- Autonomic function (orthostatic hypotension and intolerance)
- Mindfulness-based therapy approaches for symptom control in chronic medical illness
- Clinical medicine
Last updated: February 2023