Onco-plastic breast surgeon
Tibor Kovacs was consultant and lead clinician at Glan Clwyd Hospital in North Wales. During this time he developed and established a new breast reconstructive service and promoted innovative techniques in breast cancer management.
During these years he achieved excellent clinical outcomes and high patient satisfaction by establishing the Sentinel Node Biopsy technique and offering immediate and delayed reconstructive options (implant based and LD flap reconstructions) for his patients.
Education and training
- Further training in breast reconstruction and oncoplastic mentorship at South Manchester University Hospitals and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital Breast Units.
- Training in breast cancer surgery and surgical oncology at the National Institute of Oncology from Budapest
Email: [email protected]
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Radioguided surgery (ROLL)
- Screen detected cancer surgery
- Breast reconstruction with implants
- LD flap
- Inflammatory breast disease
- Individualized treatment planning
Last updated: January 2023