Tom Holland has been a consultant gynaecologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2016 and is the co-lead for research and development for the women's health department.
Tom is one of the few gynaecologists in the UK who are highly experienced in both the ultrasound diagnosis and laparoscopic excision of endometriosis. He is regularly invited to lecture at national and international conferences on the diagnosis and management of endometriosis, laparoscopic myomectomy and the treatment of ovarian masses. He is also highly skilled in performing ultrasound diagnosis for early pregnancy complications.
Education and training
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery training, University College Hospital
- General training, University College Hospital
- Doctor of Medicine (research), 2013
- Two-year doctoral research fellowship
- Postgraduate training in London working in several teaching hospitals including King's College, Guy's and St Thomas' and University College Hospital
- Clinical training at Guy's and St Thomas'
- Preclinical medical training at Cambridge University
- Endometriosis diagnosis and management
- Early pregnancy problems
- Minimal access surgery
Visit Google Scholar for a list of Tom Holland's publications.
- Gold prize for his video poster on ultrasound diagnosis and 3 techniques for the laparoscopic treatment of interstitial ectopic pregnancy at The British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy in 2016
- Rodolphe Maheux Travel Grant at the world congress of endometriosis in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2014
Email: [email protected]
- Minimal access surgery for endometriosis
- Complex benign gynaecology
- Early pregnancy complications
- Emergency gynaecology
- Gynaecological ultrasound
Last updated: January 2023