Reader/honorary consultant in maxillofacial and craniofacial rehabilitation
Trevor Coward is reader and consultant in prosthetic facial rehabilitation and has recently formed the academic centre of reconstructive science.
He has over 30 years of experience with rehabilitating patients with facial/body prostheses. The patients rehabilitated include children, young adults who have congenital malformations of the face, adults who have been treated for oral cancer, those following trauma to the face and neck or suffering from war wounds.
He has published in peer-reviewed journals and is a clinical research fellow at the Maxillofacial Centre in Edmonton, Canada and more recently was made a honorary clinical professor at Hong Kong University, Prince Philip Dental Hospital.
Education and training
- Kings College Hospital
- Printing 3D scaffolds for tissue engineering
- 3D printing Silicone Elastomers
- Novel technologies for rehabilitating patients requiring facial prostheses
- Surface scanning technologies
- Brian S Conroy Award (Chairmans Award) awarded for outstanding services to maxillofacial prosthetics, 2013
- Awarded Fellow of Institute of Maxillofacial Prosthetists (FIMPT) and Technologists in recognition of contribution to maxillofacial prosthetists, 2012
Tel: 020 7188 1864
Email: [email protected]
Areas of expertise: maxillofacial prosthetic rehabilitation
- Facial/body prosthetics
- Craniofacial implants
- 3D planning
- 3D imaging
- 3D printing
Last updated: May 2021