Vijay Wagh is an ophthalmology (eye) consultant and lead clinician for eye emergency services at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Vijay trained in ophthalmology in London, including Moorfields Eye Hospital. He then completed a fellowship at St Thomas' Hospital.
His expertise is in phacoemulsification cataract surgery, including using lens implants to improve astigmatism. He also has experience in treating blepharitis and dry eyes.
Education and training
- Certificate in laser and refractive surgery (CertLRS), Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London, 2019
- Diploma in refractive, corneal and cataract surgery, Miguel Hernández University, Spain, 2019
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (FRCOphth), London 2014
- Membership of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (MRCOphth), London, 2006
- Ophthalmology Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCP), 2006
- MD in ophthalmology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2003
- Oculoplastic surgery
- External eye disease
- Best paper presentation, The European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Lisbon
- First prize in ophthalmic quiz, Delhi Ophthalmological Society annual conference
- Second prize in ophthalmic quiz, artifical intelligence ophthalmic conference
- First prize in ophthalmic quiz, annual oculoplastics conference
Vijay has several publications in international journals and has delivered lectures nationally and internationally.
Email: [email protected]
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids and surrounding structures
- Surgery of the tear drainage system
Last updated: March 2023