Consultant in infectious diseases and general medicine
William Newsholme has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2008.
He cares for adults with general infectious disease problems. He is also the infection control lead for acute services at Guy's and St Thomas'.
Before joining us he was a consultant in infectious diseases, infection control and general medicine at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust from 2006 to 2008.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians
- Diploma in tropical medicine and hygiene
- Certificate in medical education, The Royal College of Physicians and University College London, 2005
- Certificate of completion of specialist training in infectious diseases and general (internal) medicine, 2005
- North Thames infectious diseases specialist registrar training programme
- MSc in communicable diseases epidemiology, The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Medicine and surgery (MB BS), 1992, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- BSc Hons
- Duncan prize, The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 1997
Phone: 020 7188 3148
- Infection control
- Tropical diseases
- Returning travellers and post-tropical screening
- Infections causes by worms and protozoan parasites
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Hospital acquired infection
Last updated: January 2023