Consultant ENT surgeon and laryngologist
Yakubu Karagama completed his higher surgical specialist training in the north-east deanery, Newcastle upon Tyne, in 2007 and obtained his certificate of specialist training from General Medical Council (GMC) the same year.
He is an internationally renowned laryngologist and leads the voice, airway and swallowing service at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital.
Yakubu is the founder and director for courses in international phonosurgery, laser laryngeal surgery, transnasal oesophagoscopy (TNO) and dysphagia in Manchester and London. He is keen on voice research and has obtained an MSc in advanced voice research.
Education and training
- MSc voice
- FRCS (ORL-HN)
- Airway travelling fellowship, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2019
- Neurolaryngology (laryngeal reinnervation) travelling fellowship, Rouen, France, 2016
- Laryngology travelling fellowship, Isshiki Clinic, Kyoto, 2015
- Dysphagia travelling fellowship, University of California, Davis, 2015
- British Rhinological Society, sixth annual meeting, London. Second prize award for best poster presentation, 2007
- Merit, MSc advanced clinical research in voice, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2007
- North of England Otolaryngological Society autumn meeting, Wakefield, registrar's prize for best oral presentation, 2005
- Munro Black Registrar's prize for best oral presentation for northern deanery otolaryngological, 2005
Secretary email: [email protected]
Secretary telephone: 020 7188 2217
Area of expertise: voice, airway and swallow
Last updated: May 2020