Dr Yaso Emmanuel started as a locum consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in February 2015 and was made consultant cardiologist in September 2016.
Yaso qualified from Edinburgh and completed early training in Scotland. She trained in cardiac MRI in Oxford and completed her DPhil before returning to Scotland to complete her general cardiology training.
She trained in adult congentital heart disease (ACHD) in Southampton and Birmingham where she also developed experience in aortopathy.
Yaso developed the weekly specialist aortopathy clinic, run jointly with Dr Robert from cardiovascular genetics.
She is a board member of the Vascular European Rare Disease Reference Network for Heritable Thoracic Aneurysm Disease.
Education and training
- ACHD Fellowship, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham (2013-2015)
- Cardiology Specialist training – south east Scotland with specialist ACHD training in Southampton, CCT (2013)
- Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics and Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Oxford, DPhil (2009)
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (2002)
- University of Edinburgh Medical School, MBChB (1999)
- Congenital heart disease
- Winner of the challenging cases presentation, Royal Brompton International Symposium on ACHD (2014)
Last updated: September 2022