Consultant in special care dentistry
Yvonne Rooney has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2019.
Before this she was a specialist in special care dentistry working across community and hospital services.
She has worked across the south west and London in oral and maxillofacial surgery, general dental practice, prison and community dental services.
Education and training
- Membership in Special Care Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2017
- MSc in sedation and special care dentistry on methods of diagnosing dental pain in patients with dementia, King's College London, 2015
- Diploma in dental postgraduate studies, University of Bristol, 2014
- Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons, 2010
- Bachelor of Dental Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 2008
Oral health and dementia
Secretary: Karen Masters
Secretary phone: 020 7188 6074
Secretary email: [email protected]
- Dental care for older people with complex long-term medical conditions
- Conscious sedation in dentistry
- Dental care under general anaesthesia for patients with learning disabilities and complex medical needs
Last updated: December 2022