Consultant in special care dentistry
After qualifying from Trinity College Dublin with a bachelor of dental science, Yvonne Rooney worked across the South West and London in oral and maxillofacial surgery, general dental practice, prison and community dental services.
Yvonne undertook specialty training in special care dentistry with King's College NHS Foundation Trust. In 2015 she completed a masters in sedation and special care dentistry with King's College London. Her MSc project investigated methods of diagnosing dental pain in patients with dementia.
On completion of her training, she was appointed as a specialist in special care dentistry working across community and hospital services. In 2019 she was appointed as a consultant with Guy's and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
Bachelor of Dental Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (2008)
Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons (2010)
- Specialty registrar in Special Care Dentistry, King’s College NHS Foundation Trust (2013-2017)
- Diploma in Dental Postgraduate Studies, University of Bristol (2014)
- Masters in Sedation and Special Care Dentistry, University of London; King's College London Dental Institute (2015)
- Membership in Special Care Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (2017)
- Specialist in Special Care Dentistry, King's College NHS Foundation Trust (2017-2019)
Oral health and dementia
Tel: 020 7188 6074
Secretary: Karen Masters
Secretary email: [email protected]
Provision of dental care for older people with complex chronic medical conditions
Conscious sedation in dentistry
Dental care under general anaesthesia for patients with learning disabilities and complex medical needs
Last updated: April 2021