Consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon
Mr Shah trained at Kings College, London. He undertook his surgical training in Cambridge, Oxford and London, including a period as a Research Fellow at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
He was selected as the International Fellow at the prestigious Insall Scott Kelly Institute and the world famous Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. He completed a further Fellowship at Guy’s Hospital and was trained in all aspects of hip and knee surgery.
He was appointed a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals in 2012.
He is a senior clinical lecturer at King's College London and has an active role in medical education and teaching.
Education and training
- MBBS King's College London
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Diploma in orthopaedics
- Diploma in sports and exercise medicine
- MBA Imperial College London
Technology in orthopaedic surgery.
Mr Shah has been recognised as one of the 'Next Generation Capital Leaders' by the London Leadership Academy.He has also led the development of the enhanced recovery programme at Guy’s, which has won national recognition.
Secretary: Sue Arnold
Secretary tel: 020 7188 4466
Secretary email: [email protected]
Area of expertise: hip and knee surgery
- Total Hip replacement
- Complex hip reconstruction and Revision Hip Replacement
- Knee injuries and arthroscopic knee surgery
- Total and partial knee replacement surgery
- Sports injuries
Last updated: April 2022