Allergy secretaries tel: 020 7188 7263, 020 7188 5846
Area of expertise: allergy and asthma
Prathap Pillai is a consultant in the department of adult allergy at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
He joined the allergy department at Guy’s Hospital in 2007 as a trainee where he completed his allergy training. During the training he took time out to complete a research fellowship and was awarded PhD by King’s College London, on “IgE mechanisms in non-atopic asthma”. During the same period, he also completed a clinical trial investigating the effects of anti-IgE therapy (Omalizumab), in non-atopic asthma.
He is a member of The British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) and The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunolgy (EAACI). He sat on the Royal College of Physicians Expert Advisory Group on Commissioning for two consecutive years representing BSACI.
Education and training
- PhD: King’s College London
- Allergy specialist training: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, Royal College of Physicians, UK
- MRCP: Royal College of Physicians, UK
- MBBS & MD (Respiratory Medicine): University of Kerala, India
- Airway allergies: allergic rhinits, allergic asthma
- drug and food allergies.
- BSACI/Stallergenes (UK) Limited Travel Fellowship 2013
- EAACI Poster award 2015
- IgE mechanisms in allergy