Dr Christos Chamos
Secretary: Diane Wallis
Tel: 020 7188 0652
Languages spoken: English, Greek and Spanish
Christos Chamos studied medicine and specialised in anaesthesia in Greece. He undertook further training in adult cardiothoracic and trauma anaesthesia in major UK centres.
He worked as a locum consultant at Papworth hospital, providing the full range of anaesthesia for adult cardiothoracic surgery and heart and lung transplantation. This included the transoesophageal echocardiography service.
He has held a consultant post at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, since May 2014.
Education and training
- Patras Medical School, Greece (1995-2001)
- training in anaesthesia, Evangelismos Hospital, Athens, Greece (2005-2010)
- cardiothoracic anaesthesia fellowship, Harefield Hospital, Harefield (2010-2011)
- cardiothoracic and trauma anaesthesia fellowships, St George’s Hospital, London (2011-2013)
- accreditation in perioperative transoesophageal echocardiography by EACTA/EACVI (2013)
- locum consultant in cardiothoracic anaesthesia, Papworth hospital, Cambridge (2013-2014).
- less invasive methods of advanced hemodynamic monitoring: principles, devices, and their role in perioperative hemodynamic optimization. Chamos C, Vele L, Hamilton M, Cecconi M. Perioperative Medicine, 2013, 2:19
- vasopressin, steroids, and epinephrine and neurologically favorable survival after in-hospital cardiac arrest: a randomised clinical trial. Mentzelopoulos SD, Malachias S, Chamos C, Konstantopoulos D, Ntaidou T, Papastylianou A, Kolliantzaki I, Theodoridi M, Ischaki H, Makris D, Zakynthinos E, Zintzaras E, Sourlas S, Aloizos S, Zakynthinos SG. JAMA, 2013, 310(3):270-279
- the impact of internet and simulation-based training on transoesophageal echocardiography learning in anaesthetic trainees: a prospective randomised study. Sharma V., Chamos C.,Valencia O.,Meineri M, Fletcher S.N., Anaesthesia, 2013, 68:621–627.