Secretary tel: 020 7188 0644
Claire Mallinson is a consultant anaesthetist specialising in anaesthesia for children's complex deformity surgery. She has helped to develop the third largest institute in the UK at Guy's and St Thomas'.
Claire is director of medical education for one of the largest number of training doctors in the country. This involves:
- managing and delivering education to our foundation programme
- developing the IMPACT course and simulated skills course for F2 doctors and maxillo-facial junior doctors
- developing a programme for the consultant trainers to ensure the quality of teaching and trainers in response to PMETB/GMC
- teaching medical junior doctors
- teaching F1 and F2 doctors in lectures and action learning groups, giving feedback, appraisal and direction
- phase 5 undergraduate teacher and lecturer
Claire is part of the London Deanery clinical tutors group, often speaking and contributing to programmes. As Honorary Treasurer and Chair of NACT, Claire has also contributed to various national reports.
Spinal correction surgery in children and adults.
Claire is heavily involved in simulation training and coordinated a successful bid (over £900,000) for much of the simulation training equipment we use at the simulation and interactive learning centre at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals.
She continues to speak nationally and internationally about scoliosis and educational subjects. She runs a seminar at the Association of Anaesthetists for consultants on corrective scoliois surgery and has also spoken at the Institute of Neurology on this subject.
She presents regularly at audit meetings, her most recent audit was in changing pre-assessment of children with low blood counts. They can be treated at home by their GP so that they do not need a blood transfusion after their operation.