Secretary tel: 020 7188 0652
Area of expertise: anaesthesia for gyaneoncology, regional anaesthesia, sedation and pain management.
Dr Ramessur has been a consultant at St Thomas’ since 2012. His fixed sessions are in plastic surgery and gynaeoncology.
He has an interest in the use of IT in anaesthesia and medicine, and lectures on this topic nationally and internationally.
He also has an interest in contingency and resilience planning and has the diploma of emergency health care planning (DipHEP).
Dr Ramessur also has a strong interest in the management of acute and chronic pain and has a fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FFPMRCA).
Education and training
- 2000 BSc (Hons); Imperial College
- 2002 Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS); Imperial College
- 2008 Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA)
- 2010 Diploma in Emergency Health Care Planning (DipHEP); Cabinet Office & HPA
- 2011 Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the RCA (FFPMRCA)
- 2012 Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) Anaesthesia.
- anaethesia for gynaeocnology surgery
- regional anaesthesia
- pain management
- health informatics
- emergency planning