Dan Jiang, consultant otolaryngologist
Area of expertise: adult and paediatric cochlear implantation, middle ear implantable hearing devices, auditory brainstem implant
Dan Jiang PhD FRCSI (Otol) FRCS(ORL-HNS) is a consultant otolaryngologist, skull base surgeon and lead clinician of St Thomas' hearing implant centre. Dan is professor of otology and auditory implantation surgery at King’s College London. He trained in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' and other major hospitals in south east England.
He completed a senior skull base and neuro-otological surgery fellowship in Cambridge and has a PhD in auditory physiology and pathology. His interests include auditory implant research and regeneration of damaged inner ear structures.
- Adult and paediatric cochlear implantation
- Middle ear implantable hearing devices
- Bone anchored hearing aids (Baha)
- Advanced neuro-otology
- Auditory brainstem implant
- Skull base surgery
- Hearing rehabilitation for patients with congenital craniofacial anomalies