Tel: 020 7188 2695
Area of expertise: gynaecological cancers
Dr Gautam Mehra works as a consultant gynaecological oncologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Gautam completed his postgraduate medical training with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) associated with the London Deanery. He did his core postgraduate training in general obstetrics and gynaecology followed by advanced subspecialist training in gynaecological oncology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
- MBBS, Mysore University, India (1996)
- MRCOG, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) (2006)
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecologist (2012) – RCOG Accredited
- Sub-specialist in Gynaecological Oncology (2012) – RCOG Accredited
- Fellow of Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FICOG).
- Sentinel lymph node detection in cervical and vulval cancers
- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery in gynaecology.
Gautam's research interest is translational research where he studies the applications of sensor probes in detecting gynaecological cancers and other benign gynaecological conditions. His other research interests are improving tactile sensation during laparoscopic and robotic surgery.