Stephen Morris, consultant clinical oncologist
Medical secretary: Tessa Ross
Tel: 020 7188 4219 (ext 84219)
Area of expertise: cancer
Dr Stephen Morris is a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospital.
He graduated from Guy's and St Thomas' medical school and trained in clinical oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital and at the Guy's and St Thomas' cancer centre. As an SPR in 2003 he was a member of the team that set up dynamic prostate brachytherapy at Guy's and is now one of the two consultant clinical oncologists offering this service. He:
- is currently implementing a new image guided radiotherapy technique with gold seeds using the "Acculoc" system for external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer.
- led the team in designing and implementing a new and modern Total Skin electron beam radiotherapy technique for cutaneous lymphoma in 2005/6.
- has set up and run a UK TSEB group as part of the UK cutaneous lymphoma group, that has now extended to an annual EORTC symposium.
- is a member of the EORTC and actively recruits patients to EORTC, UK CLG and NCRI trials for cutaneous lymphoma.
- is an active member of the urology cancers research unit at Guy's and St Thomas' and involved in recruiting patients to NCRI trials for prostate cancer.
- is a clinical oncology college tutor and manages the clinical oncology specialist registrar training at Guy's and St Thomas'.
- Urological cancers
- Skin cancers
- Clinical oncology
- Radiotherapy techniques for prostate cancer
- Radiotherapy techniques for cutaneous lymphoma
- Chemotherapy and biological therapies for cutaneous lymphoma
- Chemotherapy and new therapies for prostate cancer