Secretary tel: 020 7188 1447
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: prostate cancer, breast cancer, radiotherapy, brachytherapy
Vinod Mullassery is a consultant clinical oncologist and specialises in the management of urological and breast cancers.
He received his oncology training at University College Hospital, London, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London and Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, London
Vinod undertook a nationally funded post CCT fellowship at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, gaining expertise in modern radiotherapy techniques. He was visiting Brachytherapy Fellow at University of Leuven, Belgium and at University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
He treats solid tumours with radiotherapy, chemotherapy, hormones and biological therapies.
Vinod is the brachytherapy lead at Guys and St Thomas Hospital. He also led the implementation of image guided interstitial brachytherapy programme for cervical cancer.
He is actively involved in teaching both at undergraduate and postgraduate level and has previously held the position of the college tutor and the post graduate faculty lead for clinical oncology at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital.
Education and training
- Post CCT fellowship – Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, London, 2010
- FRCR, Royal College of Radiologists, UK, 2008
- MRCP, Royal College of Physicians, UK, 2004
- MD, CMCH, Vellore, India, 1999
- radiotherapy techniques for prostate cancer
- uro-oncology and breast cancer
- high dose rate brachytherapy
- cancer imaging
- American Brachytherapy Society HDR scholarship award, 2013