Secretary: Shafia Khatun
Secretary tel: 020 7188 4244
Secretary email: email@example.com
Referral email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries email: email@example.com
Area of expertise: cancer
Anne Rigg was appointed as a consultant in medical oncology at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals in 2005, after completing clinical and academic training at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Imperial College.
Anne specialises in systemic therapies for early and advanced breast cancer. She is an experienced chief and principal investigator for oncology clinical trials.
Anne is the clinical director for oncology at Guy's and St Thomas' leading on chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and clinical trials in oncology.
She has been involved with the Guy's Cancer Centre project from the start as well as leading on cancer services since the Centre opened in 2016.
Anne has been an expert member of the NICE Patient Access Scheme Liaison Unit since 2014 and was appointed as Chair of the NHS England Chemotherapy Clinical Reference Group in 2019.
Education and training
- 1988: BSc (Hons) in psychology (2:1), University of London
- 1991: MB BS University of London
- 1994: MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians (London)
- 2000: PhD, Imperial College University of London
- 2000-2004: specialist registrar in medical oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital
Chief investigator and principal investigator for phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for patients with breast cancer at Guy's, St Thomas' and King's College Hospitals.
Co-chair of Guys Cancer Real World Evidence Programme.
British Menopause Society consensus statement on the management of estrogen deficiency symptoms, arthralgia and menopause diagnosis in women treated for early breast cancer. Marsden et al 2019
Discordance between oncotype DX recurrence score and RSPC for predicting residual risk of recurrence in ER-positive breast cancer. Dodson et al Breast Cancer Research 2017
The impact of OncotypeDX breast cancer assay results on clinical practice –a UK experienceVE. Crolley et al UKBCG 2016
- Venous thrombosis rates in early breast cancer patients receiving FEC chemotherapy: a retrospective analysis. ECCO 2011
- A diagnosis of cancer in people with severe mental illness: practical and ethical issues raised. Howard et al Lancet Oncology 2010.