Medical secretary: Rudo Mupambawahle
Tel: 020 7188 4244 (ext 84244)
Fax:020 7188 4271
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Area of expertise: cancer
Dr Anne Rigg was appointed as a consultant in medical oncology here in 2005, after completing training as an oncologist at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Imperial College.
She is the lead for systemic therapies for breast cancer at Guy’s and St Thomas’ and for the London Cancer Alliance and is responsible for the development of regional guidelines for the treatment of breast cancer.
Anne provides care for both outpatients and inpatients with early and advanced breast cancer. She also runs an outpatient and chemotherapy service at King’s College Hospital.
Anne is the clinical lead for the medical oncology department. She is involved with the development of the Cancer Treatment Centre at Guy’s and has previously chaired the directorate clinical governance committee.
Anne represents London Cancer Alliance for the pan-london commissioning of new treatments for breast cancer.
Education and training
- 1988: BSc (Hons) in psychology (2:1), University of London
- 1991: MB BS University of London
- 1994: MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians (London)
- 2000: PhD, Imperial College University of London
- 2000 - 2004: specialist registrar in medical oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for the treatment of breast cancer.
A diagnosis of cancer in people with severe mental illness: practical and ethical issues raised. Lancet Oncology 2010.
Venous thrombosis rates in early breast cancer patients receiving FEC chemotherapy: a retrospective analysis. ECCO 2011.