Medical secretary: Rudo Mupambawahle
Tel: 020 7188 4244 (ext 84244)
Fax:020 7188 4271
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: cancer
Dr Anne Rigg was appointed as a consultant in medical oncology at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals in 2005, after completing clinical and academic training at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Imperial College.
Anne specialises in systemic therapies for early and advanced breast cancer. She is an experienced chief and principal investigator for oncology clinical trials.
Anne is the clinical director for oncology at Guy's and St Thomas' leading on chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and clinical trials in oncology.
She has been involved with the Guy's Cancer Centre project from the start as well as leading on cancer services since the Centre opened in 2016.
Education and training
- 1988: BSc (Hons) in psychology (2:1), University of London
- 1991: MB BS University of London
- 1994: MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians (London)
- 2000: PhD, Imperial College University of London
- 2000-2004: specialist registrar in medical oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital
- Chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for the treatment of breast cancer.
A diagnosis of cancer in people with severe mental illness: practical and ethical issues raised. Lancet Oncology 2010.
Venous thrombosis rates in early breast cancer patients receiving FEC chemotherapy: a retrospective analysis. ECCO 2011.