Secretary tel: 020 7188 3761
Deborah was appointed as consultant medical oncologist to Guy's and St Thomas' in 2017. She specialises in uro-oncology and manages bladder, prostate, kidney and testis cancers. She is the lead clinician for bladder cancers and the clinical lead for systemic anti-cancer therapies at the Trust.
Deborah undertook her medical training at the University of Groningen in The Netherlands. She trained in medical oncology at Guy's and St George's Hospitals.
She was a research fellow at the department of immunobiology at King's College London and, in collaboration with colleagues of the translational oncology urology research (TOUR) group at King's College London, she works on tumour immune surveillance and bladder cancer research.
Deborah is national lead on a number of clinical trials including the IRONMAN, the international registry for men with prostate cancer.
She is fluent in English and Dutch.
Education and training
- 2002 – MSc (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- 2003 – Arts Examen ('MBBS' equivalent) (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- 2007 – MRCP (Royal College of Physicians, London)
- 2011 – Speciality certificate examination medical oncology
- 2012 – Postgraduate diploma oncology
- 2017 – CCT medical oncology
- Bladder and upper tract urothelial cancers
- In collaboration with colleagues of the translational oncology urology research (TOUR) (Professor Mieke Van Hemelrijck) group at King's College London, Deborah works on tumour immune surveillance and bladder cancer research