Secretary: Laura Dartnell
Tel: 020 7188 4244
Fax: 020 7188 4271
Area of expertise: cancer
Tumour group specialty: breast, lung
Dr Eleni Karapanagiotou has been a consultant medical oncologist specialising in the treatment of lung and breast cancer at Guy's and St Thomas' since 2013.
She did her her general medical training and specialist oncology (cancer) training at Athens Medical School in Greece. She completed her oncology training at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
During her training she developed an interest in research. She was awarded a PhD from Athens Medical School in 2011 for her work on the predictive and prognostic role of adipokines in non-small cell lung cancer.
A fellowship from the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) led her to the Institute of Cancer Research to continue her work on combining chemotherapy with novel agents such as oncolytic viruses in advanced cancer.
She was awarded an MD(Res) in 2013 and her research has been presented and published internationally.
Dr Eleni Karapanagiotou is currently involved in research in breast and lung trials.
Education and training
- 1999: medical degree, University Medical School, Cluj
- 2009: PhD (distinction), Athens Medical School
- 2009: European Certification in Medical Oncology: ESMO examination, Berlin
- 2011: CCT in Medical Oncology, Athens
- 2013: MD(Res) The Institute of Cancer Research, University of London, London.
- breast cancer
- lung cancer.
- novel agents in lung and breast cancer.