Secretary tel: 020 7188 3761
Referral email: gst-tr.Guysoncologyreferrals@nhs.net
Area of expertise: prostate, kidney, bladder, lung and testicular cancer
Languages spoken: English and Italian
Dr Elias Pintus qualified as a consultant medical oncologist following his degree at Universita’ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Rome.
While working in Italy he treated a wide range of tumour types and was responsible for creating a home palliative care service in Sardinia.
He has experience across several London hospitals as a fellow and associate specialist, including at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital and Leaders in Oncology Care.
While working in Reading as a consultant from 2013 to 2018, he was research lead for the Berkshire Cancer Centre and lead for the cancer of unknown primary multi-disciplinary team.
In January 2019 he returned to Guy’s Hospital, where he treats all urological malignancies. He is also honorary consultant medical oncologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he specialises in prostate and lung cancer.
- 2001 – first-class degree in medicine from the Universita’ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome
- 2002 – fellowship at Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli, Rome
- 2005 – completed his speciality training in medical oncology at the University of Sassari, Italy
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Lung cancer (Queen Elizabeth Hospital)
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer (germ cell)
- 2018 – elected to the fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians
Elias moved to the United Kingdom to pursue his interest in cancer research. He is part of a large multi-disciplinary team at Guy’s Hospital focusing on:
- understanding the genetics of urological cancers, particularly prostate cancer
- exploring new treatments for prostate, bladder and kidney cancers.
Since 2015 he has been principal investigator in clinical trials in prostate, kidney and stomach cancers.
He completed an observership in genitourinary cancers at the Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York in December 2018.